Portuguese Coastal Ride
A place to Ride with History
Type of Bicycle
Touring or Road Bike
- Riding Days: 6
- Daily Distance: 40 – 60 km
- Route: Coastal Roads, Forest Roads and Dedicated Bike Lanes
- Daily Elevation: 300 to 650 m
- Private Guided possibility, ask us for a quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day 1 – Arrival
Welcome and transfer to Nazaré. After initial briefing with experienced guide there is time to explore this delightful town and its charms.
- Day 2 – Ride from Nazaré to Óbidos
It is time to go and Xplore the West Coast and discover the charms that this trip has reserved for you. Today, you will spend some time contemplating São Martinho do Porto, Foz do Arelho and Obidos Lagoon… but the charm is at the destination, the historical castle walled village of Óbidos!
- Day 3 – Ride from Obidos to Peniche
Leaving Obidos behind and the fabulous experience at this marvelous place you will ride along the lagoon back to the coast. Once you arrive to Baleal, you will encounter a culture that breaths surf… this is Peniche in modern days and also your destination.
- Day 4 – Ride from Peniche to Vimeiro
The ride becomes more wavy in terms of terrain and the flat areas are already behind you… but this is good for a change. It is time to get to know more the Portuguese culture and interact with locals while riding comfortable roads.
- Day 5 – Ride Vimeiro to Ericeira
From Vimeiro there is a captivating gorge that will bring you back to the coast and towards Santa Cruz beach. Have a break and grab a coffee – “bica”. The direction is south towards Ericeira, this is a picturesque fishing village that became the beach resort of Lisbon during last century, take our words and arrive early to visit this village.
- Day 6 – Ride from Ericeira to Sintra
Great… you made it this far. your goal for this day is Sintra is an UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1995, and this location will show you why. With an amazing historical center with all the picturesque architecture, you will be in the heart of this renowned Portuguese historical city. Arrive early and take your time in town.
- Day 7– Ride from Sintra to Cascais
From the historical center you will climb towards the Moorish Castle and admire the views from the castle walls. From there it is time to enter the gardens of the fabulous Pena Palace and obviously visit this royal accommodation of the kings of Portugal in the XVIII century. Once you are done with the visit it is time to return to the bike and ride trough the forests of the Natural Park of Sintra, back to the coast and admire the views from the top of the mountain towards Cascais, your final destination.
- Day 8 – Departure
After discovering all the magical places of Sintra region and the West Coast of Portugal it is time to go and maybe start to plan your next adventure… and remember there is still a lot to #XPLORE in Portugal!
- Availability: All Year Round
- Low Season: 900€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 300€ individual room supplement)
- Mid Season: 950€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 350€ individual room supplement)
- High Season: 1000€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 400€ individual room supplement)
- Solo Traveler? It is possible, just ask for a quote
- It is possible to ask for extra nights, please ask for a quote
- 7 nights lodging with breakfast included
- Transfer on day 1 from LIS Airport (or Hotel in Lisbon) to first Hotel
- Transfer from last Hotel to Lisbon
- Detailed briefing by experienced guide and delivery of booklet with info about the tour
- Luggage transfer from Hotel to Hotel
- GPS Track and Device for navigation
- Portuguese Telephone (for emergencies and as a courtesy)
- Liability and personal accidents insurance
- Xplore Portugal gift
We create memories
“We loved the trip. The coast is amazing and Sintra and Obidos were just magnificent!”
We were appreciated for all the hard work that Xplore Portugal made to set up this tour in such a short notice. Everything went perfect.