Riding the Southwest Coast of Portugal
Type of Bicycle
Touring or Road Bike
- Cycling Days: 6
- Daily Distance: 40 – 60 km
- Route: Coastal Roads, Forest Tracks and Quiet Roads
- Daily Elevation: 300 to 550 m
- Private Guided possibility, ask us for a quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day 1 – Arrival
Welcome and transfer to Setubal. After initial briefing with experienced guide there is time to explore this delightful town and its charms and try the bike
- Day 2 – Cycle from Setubal to Alcacer
A day riding along the Sado Estuary taking advantage of the flat roads while admiring the rice production of the region.
- Day 3 – Alcacer to Grandola
Another great day riding along the pine tree forest, learning the quiet and peaceful ways of Alentejo region. Destination Grandola.
- Day 4 – Grandola to Santiago
This is the day to ride calmly and admire the cork tree forests surrounding the quiet road that will lead you to Santiago, an old medieval town that dates back to roman times.
- Day 5 – Santiago to Vila Nova de Milfontes
This is the day that will bring you back to the coast. descending from Santiago you can admire the beautiful coastline as you get closer and closer. Just enjoy!
- Day 6 – Vila Nova de Milfontes to Odeceixe
What a great day you have ahead of you! riding the heart of the Rota Vicentina, following the direction of the Fisherman trail you will be dazzled by the beautiful coastline.
- Day 7 – Odeceixe Loop
From Odeceixe you will ride south to make a loop ride taking advantage of the calm and beautiful roads, with the chance to relax in some deserted beaches.
- Day 8 – Departure
After discovering all the magical places of SW Coast region and Rota Vicentina it is time to go and maybe start to plan your next adventure… and remember there is still a lot to #XPLORE in Portugal!
- Availability: All Year Round
- Low Season: 1200€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 300€ individual room supplement)
- Mid Season: 1300€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 350€ individual room supplement)
- High Season: 1500€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 400€ individual room supplement)
- Solo Traveller? It is possible, just ask for a quote
- It is possible to ask for extra nights, please ask for a quote
- 7 nights lodging with breakfast included
- Transfer on day 1 from LIS Airport (or Hotel in Lisbon) to first Hotel
- Transfer from last Hotel to Lisbon
- Detailed briefing by experienced guide and delivery of booklet with info about the tour
- Bike Fit
- Luggage transfer from Hotel to Hotel
- GPS Track and Device for navigation
- Portuguese Telephone (for emergencies and as a courtesy)
- Liability and personal accidents insurance
- Xplore Portugal gift
We create memories
“An exquisite tour that offers opportunities to ride in different scenarios and visit the Vicentine Coast”
What a ride. I was the one responsible for the choice of this trip for my friends and it was a winner decision. We are all more than happy with the ride and the trip went as smooth as I hoped, putting the pressure on my friend that need to plan the next trip! I wonder if we are returning to Portugal… at this moment I think that is the choice for everyone. Thanks Xplore for making this trip a great time cycling with my riding buddies.