Ride your way to Santiago
Type of Bicycle
Touring or MTB
- Cycling Days: 6
- Daily Distance: 37 – 65 km
- Route: Coastal Trails, Forest Tracks and Quiet Roads
- Daily Elevation: 100 to 650 m
- Private Guided possibility, ask us for a quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day 1 – Welcome
Welcome in Oporto. After initial briefing with experienced guide there is time to explore this delightful City and its charms.
- Day 2 – Ride from Porto to Vila do Conde
A day riding along the coast and admiring some surfing beaches. Visit some coastal towns and learn a litlle about the local culture on the way. Head to Vila do Conde and take some time to visit the city.
- Day 3 – Ride from Vila do Conde to Viana do Castelo
Another day riding along the coast and admiring the magnificent views of the ocean side. Reach the destination, Viana, and visit this historical city.
- Day 4 – Ride from Viana to Valença do Minho
Start by following the ocean and as you reach the Minho River you will ride along this beautiful river along dedicated bike lanes. Valença is a great location to wonder and discover little secrets.
- Day 5 – Ride from Valença to Pontevedra
Cross the bridge and you left Portugal behind you. This is the first day riding in Spain. This is also where the two Portuguese caminos join and you will start to ride pass more hikers. Just say Buen Camino to them and wave.
- Day 6 – Riding from Pontevedra to Padrón
Another great day of cycling, with a little more ascent but the reward is always good… every time that you climb there is a descent on the other side. Your goal for this day is to reach Padron. a small beautiful town.
- Day 7 – Riding from Padrón to Santiago de Compostela
Your destination of this trip is just a few kilometers away, ride with pleasure and once you arrive to Santiago de Compostela ride towards the historical center and gaze at the view of all the pilgrims that arrive here everyday from all over Spain, Portugal and France.
- Day 8 – Departure
After discovering all the magical places of Compostela it is time to go and maybe start to plan your next adventure… and remember there is still a lot to #XPLORE in Portugal!
- Availability: All Year Round
- Low Season: 900€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 250€ individual room supplement)
- Mid Season: 950€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 250€ individual room supplement)
- High Season: 1000€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 300€ individual room supplement)
- Solo Traveler? It is possible, just ask for a quote
- It is possible to ask for extra nights, please ask for a quote
- 7 nights lodging with breakfast included
- Transfer from last Hotel to Porto
- Detailed briefing by experienced guide and delivery of booklet with info about the tour
- Luggage transfer from Hotel to Hotel
- GPS Track and Device for navigation
- Telephone (for emergencies and as a courtesy)
- Liability and personal accidents insurance
- Xplore Portugal gift
We create memories
“This is a rewarding ride. Great riding route and the sense of following a purpose.”
This was a ride that I dreamed for a lot of time. A busy life doesn’t leave a lot of time for planing and the best that we did was to book this trip with these guys… Thanks Helder and everyone at Xplore Portugal! I’ll recommend you every single time I share this wonderful riding experience.