Rota Vicentina, a must hike in Portugal
- Hiking Days: 5
- Daily Distance: 7 – 15 km
- Route: Coastal Trails and Dirt Roads
- Daily Elevation: 100 to 300 m
- Possible last transfer by car. Ask for a quote: email@example.com
- Private Guided possibility, ask us for a quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day 1 – Arrival
Welcome and transfer to Cercal. After initial briefing with experienced guide there is time to explore this delightful town and its charms.
- Day 2 – Hike from Cercal to Porto Covo
This is the first day of hike and you are in for a treat! Starting inland, through a cork tree forest. As soon as you come on top of the hill that separates the Cercal plateau from the coast, you will have the ocean in front of you… just walk to it!
- Day 3 – Porto Covo to Vila Nova de Milfontes
This is the first full day along the ocean front. Just head south and gaze at the ocean. Arriving to Milfontes take some time to rest at the fishing harbor and go for a coffee.
- Day 4 – Milfontes to Almograve
Leaving the town behind you you will need to cross the Mira river, the responsible for the beautiful location that gave space for this charming town of Milfontes. Your destination Almograve. It will be you and the ocean the entire time… no one around!
- Day 5 – Almograve to Zambujeira do Mar
With a small transfer to the tiny harbor of Lapa das Pombas to make this a enjoyable hike distance, still a long but rewarding day! Take some time to admire the White Stork nesting in high cliffs around Sardão Cape.
- Day 6 – Zambujeira to Odeceixe
The last hiking day… you will star feeling you wanted more! As impressive as it gets you will still be surprised by the landscape… you never get tired of hiking along this beautiful and undisturbed coastline. Your goal is Odeceixe, a tiny and charming typical village of the region.
- Day 7 – Departure
There is several possibilities to return to Lisbon, if that is your case. There is a morning Bus , a small transfer to the train station that is located inland, or ask Xplore Portugal for a Car transfer back to Lisbon (2h30m).
After discovering all the magical places of Rota Vicentina region it is time to go back home and maybe start to plan your next adventure… and remember there is still a lot to #XPLORE in Portugal!
- Availability: All Year Round
- Low Season: 750€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 200€ individual room supplement)
- Mid Season: 850€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 250€ individual room supplement)
- High Season: 950€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 300€ individual room supplement)
- Solo Traveler? It is possible, just ask for a quote
- It is possible to ask for extra nights, please ask for a quote
- 6 nights lodging with breakfast included
- Transfer on day 1 from LIS Airport (or Hotel in Lisbon) to first Hotel
- Detailed briefing by experienced guide and delivery of booklet with info about the tour
- Luggage transfer from Hotel to Hotel
- GPS Track and Device for navigation
- Portuguese Telephone (for emergencies and as a courtesy)
- Liability and personal accidents insurance
- Xplore Portugal gift
We create memories
“What a Hike! Incredible how natural this coast still remains!”
We loved it. From the charming accommodations to the itinerary selection and finally to the service provided by Xplore and by Filipe everything was perfect. We are so glad we decided to come.