An UNESCO World Heritage Landscape for you to contemplate
- Hiking Days: 3
- Daily Distance: 11 – 15 km
- Route: Old unpaved tracks in the middle of the vineyards, trails, and dirt roads
- Daily Elevation: 300 to 650 m
- Private Guided possibility, ask us for a quote: email@example.com
- Day 1 – Arrival
Welcome and transfer to Porto. Initial briefing with experienced guide at the first hotel. Free time to explore Porto – delightful sites and its charms and hidden secrets.
- Day 2 – Porto to Pinhão
In the morning there is still time to continue to visit the city since the transfer by train to Pinhão is just after noon. This train ride will introduce you to the Douro Valley with its magnificent landscapes and dramatic sceneries. It will be perfectly clear the work and drama that these slopes make the people of the region face. Wine making is in the genes of the population and that is clearly visible. This is a UNESCO world heritage site and you will understand why! The destination is Pinhão where your accommodation is located, an old wine farm.
- Day 3 – Pinhão to Alijó
This is the first day that you will enter the vineyards and head up the slopes following river Pinhão. The scenery shows olive trees and vines, on terraces that give you a sensation of the rude life and labor. Alijó is your destination, and it has a lot to offer.
- Day 4 – Alijó to Sabrosa
From Alijó the hike still develops along the vineyards towards Sabrosa. This is an historical village hanging above the river and the views are impressive.
- Day 5 – Sabrosa to Pinhão
It is time to get back down to the Douro river. Pinhão is the destination. Admire the magnificent views that this vibrant landscape offers.
- Day 6 – Pinhão to Porto – River Cruise
Your tour is almost over. It is time to return. A 35 min transfer to Peso da Régua where you will take a river boat cruise back to the city of Porto. It is time to say goodbye to the valley while you flow downstream with the river passing by stunning locks with 14 and 35 m of descent at the dams. Appetizers and lunch will be served on board while you observe the river banks. Then arriving to Porto just admire the city from this incredible perspective and enjoy. Your tour is over, but there is still a lot of magic in Portugal to discover! (Note: cruise is only available from May to October)
Visit at Casa de Mateus + transfer to Porto (all year round)
The day starts with a 35min transfer to Peso da Régua to make a visit to the Douro Museum. There is some free time to visit the town. Lunch is included and part of the visit of this lovely town. From here there is another transfer to Amarante, a lovely town that breaths the culture of the Douro valley, a great chance to get to know another typical site of the region. the tour ends with a final transfer to Porto where you can start planning the next adventure.
- Availability: All Year Round
- 1150€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 400€ individual room supplement)
- Solo Traveler? It is possible, just ask for a quote
- It is possible to ask for extra nights, please ask for a quote
- 6 nights lodging with breakfast included
- Transfer on day 1 from OPO Airport to first Hotel
- Detailed briefing by experienced guide and delivery of booklet with info about the tour
- Luggage transfer from Hotel to Hotel (on day 3, 4 and 5)
Depending on season:
May to October: Boat river cruise with lunch.
Alternative to Boat river cruise: Transfer visiting: Lamego, Douro Museum, lunch and visit to Amarante.
- GPS Track and Device for navigation
- Portuguese Telephone (for emergencies and as a courtesy)
- Liability and personal accidents insurance
- Xplore Portugal gift
Several optionals are available in this tour. Ask us.
We create memories
“An exquisite tour that offers opportunities to hike in different scenarios and visit an UNESCO World Heritage Site – Douro Valley”
Amazing views. It was so nice to understand how the wine producing conditioned all of this area for centuries. Everything worked as planned and it finished with a lovely river cruise to a magnificent city – Porto. Thanks for everything!