Hike the best Pilgrimage Route
- Hiking Days: 9
- Daily Distance: 15 – 25 km
- Route: Coastal Trails, Forest Tracks and Dirt Roads
- Daily Elevation: 300 to 650 m
- Private Guided possibility, ask us for a quote: email@example.com
- Day 1 – Arrival
Welcome and transfer to Viana. After initial briefing with experienced guide there is time to explore this delightful town and its charms.
- Day 2 – Hike from Viana to Vila Praia de Ancora
The first hiking day of this pilgrims route. Get acquainted with the territory and enjoy.
- Day 3 – Vila Praia de Ancora to Vila Nova de Cerveira
Head north along the Portuguese coastline until you reach the top north of the country. here you have to follow East along the Minho River, just enjoy the change in the scenery.
- Day 4 – Cerveira to Valença do Minho
You will still follow the Minho River. an enjoyable and historical walk to Valença. Your destination for this day is worthwhile.
- Day 5 – Valença to Porriño
This is the first day hiking in Spain. The direction changed and now you are heading North. Enjoy the forest tracks for a change.
- Day 6 – Porriño to Redondela
The language changed to spanish, but the feeling is still similar. Walk the calm trails always heading north.
- Day 7 – Redondela to Pontevedra
Your destination for this day of hiking is the city of Pontevedra, probably the most renowned city of the tour, apart from Compostela.
- Day 8 – Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis
By now your hiking skills are well tuned. the destination for this day is Caldas de Reis, a lovely town of Galicia, with plenty of History to show.
- Day 9 – Caldas de Reis to Padron
The days that you hiked previously are already pretty confused looking back and the pilgrimage is almost at the destination. your goal for this day is Padrón.
- Day 10 – Padron to Santiago de Compostela
Your goal for this trip is at sight… the feeling of accomplishment is flooding you as you start to walk towards the city center where the old quarters starts to reveal a multitude of pilgrims arriving from everywhere looking for the Cathedral the destination for all of this people that traveled from all over Spain, Portugal and France. And you too made all this way! Congratulations!
- Day 11 – Departure
After discovering all the magical places of Compostela it is time to go and maybe start to plan your next adventure… and remember there is still a lot to #XPLORE in Portugal!
- Availability: All Year Round
- Low Season: 1050€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 350€ individual room supplement)
- Mid Season: 1100€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 350€ individual room supplement)
- High Season: 1200€ per person (based in a double room occupation. 400€ individual room supplement)
- Solo Traveler? It is possible, just ask for a quote
- It is possible to ask for extra nights, please ask for a quote
- 10 nights lodging with breakfast included
- Transfer on day 1 from OPO Airport (or Hotel in Oporto) to first Hotel
- Transfer from last Hotel to Oporto
- Detailed briefing by experienced guide and delivery of booklet with info about the tour
- Luggage transfer from Hotel to Hotel
- GPS Track and Device for navigation
- Telephone (for emergencies and as a courtesy)
- Liability and personal accidents insurance
- Xplore Portugal gift
We create memories
“I had a great time. It was such a reward to arrive to Santiago de Compostela.”
Very well organized, everything went smooth. I couldn’t do this trip without the help of Xplore Portugal, Thanks!